Monday, October 26, 2009

The Single Life

Being engaged, I no longer get to enjoy the trials and tribulations of the single life. Thankfully, my friends still do so I can live vicariously through them. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy in my current relationship status, but I love to be able to see all of my friends enjoying theirs as well. This weekend was just a great example... all of my friends, being the ripe old age of 21, standing in my dining room playing suck and blow. Yes, suck and blow is what I said. Watching from the sidelines, all I could do was laugh. Seeing them, a tad bit intoxicated and dropping cards all over the place and in turn, having to kiss people that they generally wouldn't. For the time being, my friends forgot about everything that is stressful in their lives to have a little innocent fun. This is what college is all about. Yes, it's also about making the life long friends, first dates, and finding yourself; but it's also about letting go every once in awhile and just being utterly stupid... and free. Doing what you want, having no one to answer to and making memories that you can look back on and laugh at. It's the only time in your life that you can do this... so do it. Flirt with someone you usually wouldn't, kiss someone even if you shouldn't. Why? Because you can. You're single, and that's what the single life is all about. Enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. bahaha I am very glad you got a kick out of our stupidity. As a participant, I very much enjoyed the game as well...and like you said, I think it's all just because I can :)

    ReplyDelete