Saturday, March 20, 2010

a perfect day for....


Everyone seems to be complaining about the weather if they live in the Southern region right now, especially Oklahoma. It was a beautiful 70 degrees yesterday and when I woke up this morning it was snowing. Now, I love the sun, warm weather and shorts as much as the next person but I can't help but to enjoy a snow day every now and again. Mostly because I sincerely enjoy a reason to stay inside all day to watch movies and eat chili. That is the perfect snow day to me... as long as it only lasts a day or two, then please bring the sun back to Oklahoma.

Here's the super-easy/quick recipe in case you are lacking on your perfect snow day:

2 cans of ranch style beans
1 lb ground beef
1 packet chili seasoning
1 tablespoon cumin
1 can stewed tomatoes


*My best friend's dad makes the absolute best chili of anyone that I know and his secret ingredient is rice. If you'd like to try that, just add 1 cup of cooked white rice to the crock pot. It's delicious, totally adds to it.

-cook and season the ground beef with 1/2 packet of chili seasoning, salt and pepper
-combine the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot and let cook on low for 8 hours
-enjoy : )


No comments:

Post a Comment