Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wedding weekend in AZ

This past weekend we celebrated Laura's wedding in Arizona. Haley, Mallory and I went there for it, and I can't even begin to tell you how great the whole weekend was and how much I absolutely adored the wedding... but I'll try.

Renaissance Hotel Glendale, AZ


We arrived at the Phoenix airport at about 9:00 p.m. AZ time, quickly checked into our hotel and went to grab a late dinner and drinks with one of our sorority sisters, McKenna, who is actually leaving for Germany for a year next week! It was great to see her and get to really catch up before all of the wedding day craziness!

Saturday, we slept in and then ordered room service. It was a dayummm good breakfast, if I do say so myself. We spent most of the morning exploring the Westgate area right by our hotel and had lunch at Margaritaville... LOVED IT. After lunch, we went shopping at a nearby mall (when I say nearby, I mean that it was 10 miles away and we had to pay like $30 for a cab to go that far... freaking ridic.) Bought some CUTE things at Forever, but this store was huge! It was more like a department store than a forever21. I loved every single minute of it.
Westgate.


The wedding ceremony and reception took place in Buckeye, AZ. The bride & groom had a charter to take everyone who was staying at the hotel to the wedding site which I thought was super thoughtful.

The reception and wedding both took place here. Beautiful, isn't it?

Blurry-but the reception site at night.

The favors were chocolate covered pretzel sticks. Super cute idea!!

The wedding ceremony was the most personal wedding that I have ever seen. They laughed the whole time. They did the ritual of pouring sand into a vase but instead of just doing the usual sand thing, the groom had got dirt from the bride's home state of Oklahoma and sand from his home state of California, and surprised her with that special touch! 
All of the group with the bride.

All of the girls... it was surprisingly windy there that night.

Throwing up the AXO... some things never change.

 We spent the rest of the reception gushing about the couple, catching up with old friends, laughing and dancing under the stars. It was literally my favorite of all the weddings I have been to. I hope you all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Can't wait until my friends start getting married. Well, actually I can. But still!

    ReplyDelete