|The 2'' foam had to be cut to fit the plywood.|
|I used this adhesive to hold the foam to the plywood- but it didn't work near as well as I had anticipated.|
|I laid the fabric down, then the batting, and put the plywood (foam side down) on the batting & fabric.|
|After pulling the fabric taunt, I used a staple gun to hold down all of the edges and voila! headboard!|
The only minor detail left is hanging the headboard on the wall. Now, I'll be honest, I'm a little concerned about this. The plywood that I used for the headboard is 1/2'' thick and it's pretty heavy by itself, but when you add on foam, batting, fabric and a crap-ton of staples.... I'm just hoping my wall can hold it all. But my handy-man says that it will be just fine. And no, my boyfriend is not the handy-man I speak of...although he is quite handy. I am having a construction guy from my work mount the headboard on the wall, just because if something were to go wrong, I would rather be mad at him than the bf. But, if it hangs on the wall just fine then this project might just be the most well spent $100 of my life.
Hopefully this will be on my wall by the end of the week so I can show you all a picture of the beautiful finished product.