Monday, March 28, 2011

let's be real

April begins this week. When the hell did that happen?? 

That means we have just about 8 weeks until Memorial Day Weekend.

You do know what that means RIGHT?!?!?!?!

T minus 8 weeks until swimsuit time. Good Lord.


My BFF and I have made a deal that we both are trying to lose 11 pounds by Memorial Day.

So, I guess I should put down the pizza huh? But it's oh so good!

The big part of the bet involves a tattoo. Now, I'm not really that tattoo kind of girl, but there's a part of me that has always wanted one. A small one, in white. Not super noticeable but something that really means something to me. The deal is, if we both do it, we both can get the tattoo that we've wanted and if we don't then we can't. Now, my BFF isn't really the tattoo type either, but I promise you that both of the ones we have picked out are very classy and won't be trashy in the least bit. Unless you think all tattoos are trashy, then I suppose it would be to you.


But since we're being honest here I'll tell you what I want and why. 


I want the word Serenity on my wrist 





The Serenity Prayer is the prayer for AA and if you've read this post, you would know that my dad passed away 10 years ago last November. Unfortunately, he lost the battle with alcohol and for me it would always be a reminder of him. This is it for those of you who have never heard it:


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. 

1 comment:

  1. I love pizza too.

    I think tattoos are okay, as long as they mean something to you. I think that would be a wonderful tribute to your dad.

    And I do like the idea of the white tattoos.

    ReplyDelete