Thursday, August 11, 2011

no one likes change.

They say that no one likes change, but I would have to disagree. I think people fear the unknown but I also think they love the excitement of change. That's all my life has been doing lately.

I know that I have been SUPER MIA... so here's a little life update, just the big things.



-My roomie Mal is moving out soon to move in with two of our other friends closer to where they all work. As much as I am sad to see her (and the rest of them) go, I understand that it's the best thing for them. My big hope is that the distance, even if it is just 30 minutes, doesn't change anything about our friendships. 


-BF and I have been discussing where our future is going and all of that and we have come to the conclusion that when his lease is up, we are planning on living together
BF and I at my nephew's t-ball game


*BTW- I never posted pictures after I began the decorating process, and now I've been the house almost a year and I'm still working on it. But here is the complete living room and dining room.
obsessed with this chair. it matched my throw pillows perfectly!

sorry about the blurry iphone pic

my tiny little dining room, but i rarely use it anyway : )




-I got a new boss at work, which was definitely needed. For the past year, we haven't had a GM at our club and all of the other department heads and I have been kind of running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to make it work, doing our own jobs and then running the club as well. So it's been a huge weight off of my shoulders and he's just been here for over a month and we've accomplished so much it's not even funny! It's nice to finally be working as a whole team and things really do go much much smoother.


-Went to Dallas for our annual group trip with my college friends and had an absolute blast. Forgot how much I miss seeing them on a daily basis.


Let's just say this is how the weekend began...

And this is how it ended...




-One of my best friends, Katie just got engaged and I'm super excited to be a part of her big day.
Is her ring not the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen?!?




Some of these things have made the last few months happy, sad, excited, nervous and stressed but I am ready and welcoming the change of it all! I have the most wonderful people in my life and sometimes I just need to sit back and enjoy it. So that's what I'll be doing. And blogging.

3 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous ring! I love that y'all go on an annual trip together--so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment! Looking forward to reading about living with the BF. It's an adjustment, but a great one. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that chair! I wish my hubby would let me get something like that.

    And your friend's ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete