Friday, February 4, 2011

The Ex Files - Part 4/Present Day

After calling off my wedding last January, I dated off and on, some really wonderful guys who taught me a lot about myself, what I wanted and didn't want in another person but I wasn't finding what I was looking for. In about August, 5 and I started speaking again. He asked me out multiple times but I was very unsure about getting myself back into a situation where I could potentially be hurt. Especially with him, because he has always been the one person that really had the ability to do that. After a few months of his unstoppable persistence, I said yes. We have been together since.

So for those of you who skim (or didn't read all of these long and probably boring stories)...

5=BF


We often talk about what would have happened if I had just picked him in high school but I think every bit of it was worth it for where we are now. I am happier, more fulfilled, and more myself than I have ever been. It's funny how things work out. I never would have expected to be where I am right now, but my life couldn't be better. I can't wait to continue to see how my story unfolds...

5 BF and I - Jan 2011

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” 
-Douglas Adams

4 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, your love story is like a movie! I am so glad that God gave you the peace to follow your heart. I too have called off an engagement before. I was toooooo young, and my boyfriend at the time was 6 years older than me (only the half of it) he is now.. 33 and still single and not married....I think that says something. I prayed about it too annnnnd my revelation was IN the car talking about it with my MOM about mine and his relationship!! I can toalllllly relate to all of this. SOOO glad you are happy now!! You and Mr. 5 make a gorgeous couple! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you so happy!!
    You have and always will have a huge place in my heart... I met the love of my life through you actually! I'm very fond of every memory we've made and I absolutely love knowing how happy you are and that you are finally comfortable being you and with the decisions you make! I am very proud of you!
    Ok this wasn't supposed to be a mushy comment! I just wanted to let you and BF know I'm extremely happy to see you two finally together, its been a long time coming!! And your smiles together say it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love happy endings! You two are a cute couple and I always want people in movies to get back together with their original love.

    I agree that it's best you guys came back together instead of staying together bc life changes you so much in college and when you're younger you seem to always think that the grass is greener when your own grass is just fine.

    ps that blue color looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete